Monday, September 01, 2008

"Leadership"

From NYT:

The selection [of Palin] was the culmination of a five-month process, described by Mr. McCain’s inner circle and outside advisers in interviews this past weekend, and offers a glimpse into how Mr. McCain might make high-stakes decisions as president.

At the very least, the process reflects Mr. McCain’s history of making fast, instinctive and sometimes risky decisions. “I make them as quickly as I can, quicker than the other fellow, if I can,” Mr. McCain wrote, with his top adviser Mark Salter, in his 2002 book, “Worth the Fighting For.” “Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”


McCain made his decision slower than the other fellow. Much slower if you consider he had 3+ months to do it while the Clinton/Obama show was going on. Note his refusal to make a decision until the very last moment, and when he couldn't get who he wanted (Lieberman) he picked someone out of right field "Oh,you say you want a conservative? Well I'll show you."

If you like a politics based on overreaction to perceived insults, McCain is your guy. If you think chest thumping is leadership...

No comments: