Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Head and Neck I

This unit start was particularly tough. Partially it might be that head and neck are an extremely complex region, but more importantly, the proff and the TAs seemed upset for some reason.

I think my attitude about the last test, and that of my classmates ticked off the TAs. We dismiss the difficulty of the class they're took, even though theirs was more in-depth. They go out of their way to make things easy for us, and our ingratitude and whining won't and shouldn't earn us any points. I need to do something about this.

The problem is that the amount of material seems overwhelming, and if you add in a hostile learning environment, I might as well start packing now, as I (half-jokingly) threatened to do before lab today. However, lab seemed to go much better, everyone was calmed down, smiling and laughing again and proud of our ability to pick things up.

Even I'm amazed. Eight hours ago, I knew nothing about the cranial nerves. Now, I know their names, numbers, foramena, and something of their innervation. Cold.

No comments: