Q: Who would marry a surgeon?
A: Another surgeon.
Q: What would the marriage be like?
A: Surgery is a procedural specialty, so I suppose they would have a procedural marriage...
- Marital procedures would commence promptly at 7:00 a.m.
- It might take all day
- There would be a minimum of post-op follow-up
- A third person might be present to administer anesthetics
There would be some problems, of course...
- Each partner would only specialize in a few procedures
- It would be impossible to "go big or go home"* because most procedures would already be home
* The surgeon's motto.
** You might wonder why I did not include my usual throat clearing explanation of why I was thinking about this. Well, I realized such things are rather dull and also there could be professional conflicts.