Monday, June 20, 2005

Cruel Summer

I just finished my first real day of classes. The more I learn, the less intimidated I feel, yet the workload is immense. The instructor seems friendly (e.g. he invited us out to his place to watch the fireworks on the 4th), and I guess the lowest anyone got last year in the class was an 82% (which, like anything between 75-100 turns into a P), but I'm still somewhat apprehensive. There's a ton of stuff to learn... At least this is my only responsibility at the moment. Later this summer, we're going to watch an autopsy. Seems like a good review, something I should get a feel for if I intend to hang out with the dead for my whole life.

We had a talk with a woman here who acts as a sort of medical ethics person - I think I'd like to hang out with her a bit.

No comments: