Saturday, August 30, 2008

But what does the platform say?

For the last post, I tried to look up the RNC platform for 2008. Can't be found. There are select quotes from it, but I cannot find the document itself.

John McCain (2008 version) wants to overturn Roe v. Wade and send it back to the states.

John McCain (2000 version) wanted to overturn Roe v. Wade and make abortion illegal, except in case of rape, incest, or safety of the mother.

Is John McCain against contraception?

John McCain voted against requiring insurance companies to cover contraception.*

NARAL says the McCain voted against federal funding for contraception.

So, it looks like John McCain won't take away your condoms, but he won't make sure you get them either. This increases the spread of HIV and other STDs, and causes increased unwanted pregnancies, likely increasing the number of abortions. It 'heightens the contrast' as it were.



*: If I were an insurance company, I'd cover birth control because covering hospital expenses for a birth, or an abortion, is going to be much more expensive. I guess I could just be one of those insurance companies that doesn't cover anything...

No comments: